The Polish Scientific Society of Combustion Engines together with the Wrocław University of Technology (Department of Vehicle Engineering) and the Poznań University of Technology (Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering and the Institute of Combustion Engines and Powertrains) organized another symposium for young scientists/PhD students
on 14-16th of November 2022
– the VI Young Scientists Academy held in Czocha Castle.
The conference was honored by the presence of:
Vice-Rector of the Poznań University of Technology – Prof. DSc. DEng. Michał Wieczorowski
Vice-Rector of the Lublin University of Technology – Prof. DSc. DEng. Paweł Droździel
Vice-Rector of the Naval Academy in Gdynia – Prof. DSc. DEng. Tomasz Kniaziewicz
Dean of the Faculty of Transport and Aviation Engineering of the Silesian University of Technology – Prof. DSc. DEng. Piotr Folęga
Dean of the Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering of the Poznań University of Technology – Prof. DSc. DEng. Jacek Pielecha
Director of the Center of Rail Vehicles in the Poznań Institute of Technology – DEng. Piotr Michalak
On behalf of the organizers, the universities were also represented by:
Director of the Institute of Internal Combustion Engines and Powertrains, Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering, Poznań University of Technology – Prof. DSc. DEng. Paweł Fuć
Deputy Head of the Department of Vehicle Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Wrocław University of Technology – Prof. DSc. DEng. Anna Janicka
The main part of the conference was led by Prof. DSc. DEng. Jerzy Merkisz – President of the Board of Polish Scientific Society of Combustion Engines.
The conference was attended by over 80 people, including individuals from the Universities of Poznań, Wrocław, Warsaw, Silesia, Lublin, Koszalin, Opole, Częstochowa, Rzeszów, the Naval Academy in Gdynia, the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, the Rail Transport Institute in Poznań, H. Cegielski – Rail Vehicles Factory in Poznań, the Poznań Institute of Technology of the Łukasiewicz Research Network, the Motor Transport Institute in Warsaw, the Bosmal Automotive Research and Development Institute (Bielsko-Biała) and the University of Varna (Bulgaria).
The conference included the presentation of 16 papers and over 20 posters, the topics of which included:
material issues of internal combustion engines,
analysis of exhaust emissions from engines powered by various liquid and gaseous fuels,
the issue of engine fuel production,
hybrid drive and fuel cell systems and their energy consumption,
issues of operation and fuel consumption of machines, motor vehicles, rail vehicles, ships, aircraft and their engines,
the subject of the construction of rail vehicles,
assessment of vehicle dynamics.
One award and two distinctions were given out for the presentation of papers during the conference. These were awarded to:
- Magdalena Szwaja (Częstochowa University of Technology) – Comparative analysis of pyrolysis oil spray by the high-pressure injector (best presentation award)
- Mateusz Dziubek (Wrocław University of Technology) – Wyzwania materiałowe w wodorowych silnikach spalinowych (distinction)
- Borys Adamiak (BOSMAL Automotive Research and Development Institute) – Ocena mobilnych systemów pomiarów emisji spalin w warunkach laboratoryjnych na hamowni podwoziowej (distinction)
Similarily one award and two distinctions were also given out for the presentation of posters. These were awarded to:
- Bartosz Kaźmierski (Warsaw University of Technology) – Numerical evaluation of urea-mixing devices for the future selective catalytic reduction systems (best poster award)
- Martyna Zemlik (Wrocław University of Technology) – Analiza materiałowa elementów nawęglanych stosowanych w skrzyniach biegów (distinction)
- Justyna Kikut (PIT Łukasiewicz, Poznań) – Projekt stanowiska do pomiaru momentu oporowego pojazdów szynowych zgodnie z normą EN 14363 (distinction)
- Sawczuk, Canas – Koncepcja zarządzania…
- Zemlik, Konat, Grygier – Analiza materiałowa…
- Gallas, Stobnicki – Technologie_ogniw…
- Kaźmierski_Kapusta – SCR_system…
- Pietrzkiewicz, Daszkiewicz, Far, Mieżowiec – Modernizacja wagonu…
- Kołodziejek, Far, Daszkiewicz, Mieżowiec, Domagała – Przegląd napędów…
- Kamińska – Ocena emisji…
- Kęska – Badania emisji…
- Wirkowski – Determination of the mass of harmful…
- Tomaszewski – Ocena materiałów na zawory…
- Janulin – Ocena energochłonności ruchu…
- Milewicz – Innowacyjne metody ochrony…
- Ciesla – Porównanie materiałów…
We hope that the conference was an opportunity for an inspiring exchange of thoughts, information and experiences related to the broadly understood automotive industry.
Thank you all for being with us in such a large group. It is an honor and gives us motivation to continue our efforts to support young scientists. We hope to see you again during the next edition of the Conference – VII Young Scientists Academy once again held in Czocha Castle in November 2023.
In addition, the Board of PTNSS thanks the Organizing Committee for the huge contribution and commitment to the work related to the preparation and implementation of the VI YSA, and especially:
- DEng. Monika Andrych-Zalewska
- Prof. DSc., DEng. Ireneusz Pielecha